Larisa Larina is an award winning, world renowned makeup artist.
- She was the leading makeup artist in her home country of Ukraine.
- Her make up school is one of the 3 best and biggest in Kiev, Ukraine.
- Since 2016 she is working and teaching in New York.
Larisa believes that MAKEUP IS not merely a service sector industry but truly AN ART
- Since March 2017 till now Larisa is a makeup artist and certified educator in the flagship salon – ‘The Red Door Salon and Spa’ by ‘Elizabeth Arden’ which is located on 5th Avenue, New York, NY. She also does editorial makeup for ‘The Red Door’.
- Larisa is high demand bridal makeup artist. She loves the variety of nationalities she meets in New York and she is absolutely stunning in makeup for any complexion.
- Larisa is constantly working on NYFW, editorials and commercials.
She started her professional way in high school and since then she never gave up on it. Larisa took makeup and style classes. Luckily her first teacher was high level, extremely experienced makeup and special effects artist. Larisa fell if in love with this profession. During her courses Larisa showed so great results so she was the only one student who was advanced for International Competition. That was her very first experience in competing in 2003.
After her graduation from high school and makeup courses she entered Law Academy. During that time she kept on practicing makeup with her clients, mostly brides. Second year of Academy brought her a position of the lead makeup artist in the National Dramatic Theatre.
After graduation in 2008 she was already experienced and confident makeup artist. Larisa was working with famous magazines, TV, makeup brands, brides and celebrities. She has also published numerous articles in professional and trade publications including in “TOUCH”, “Makeup”, “Your Hair”, and “Scissors” to name a few. And Larisa is on the editorial board of “Makeup + You Professional”, another trade publication.
She was so high demand that she couldn’t take all the appointments. Meanwhile, she started to get more and more classes inquires. Starting to forward her technique and knowledge to others led her to open her own makeup school in 2010.
Students from countries around the world including Germany, Italy, Moldova, U.S.A., Russia, UAE, RSA, Argentina, Israel, Egypt, France and Spain study at her school to benefit from her expertise and knowledge.
In spite of all of that Larisa never stopped learning. She continued her education in makeup, bodypainting, special effects and airbrush. She attended the most respected courses and master classes in Ukraine and outside: France, Austria, Germany, Russia and United States.
In 3013 she continued to compete in the most prestigious makeup and bodypainting competitions of the world.
She has won numerous awards from Organisation Mundiale Coiffure (“OMC”), the world’s largest and most prestigious organization for the hair and makeup industry headquartered in Paris, France.
- 2013 European OMC Championships (1st Place – Makeup).
- 2014 World OMC Photo Competition (3rd Place), Germany.
- 2014 World OMC Championships (10th Place – Makeup). Given her status as one of the 10 best makeup artists in the world.
- OMC also granted Larisa membership in their OMC Prestige Club.
- 2014 World Bodypainting Festival (3rd Place), Austria.
- 2013 Open International Cup in Hairdressing Art, Nail Design and Makeup (Grand Prize), Russia
- 2013 7th International Festival of Fashion and Beauty (silver medalist), Ukraine.